WHO WE ARE
The St. Louis Bosnians, Inc. is a Missouri nonprofit organization, dedicated to working with, and on behalf of the Bosnian community in an effort to foster better understanding and development of Bosnian community in St. Louis, state of Missouri, and United States.
WHAT WE DO
We believe in integration of our community. We advocate on behalf of the Bosnian community, we educate young and old, we provide targeted relief to those in need, and we share our culture with the world.
St. Louis Bosnians, Inc. is 501(c)(3) Missouri nonprofit corporation founded in 2011, and incorporated in 2012. Organization concentration of work is divided into four main sectors; Advocacy, Relief, Cultural, and Educational programs.
Advocate on behalf of Bosnian community through educational, cultural, and relief programs in an effort to foster better understanding of Bosnian community and other communities.
Using the Power of Community to Transform Lives
Our goal is to enhance lives of Bosnian and other communities in St. Louis through educational, charitable, research, scientific and literary programs, presentations, and exhibits. More specifically organization’s goals are;
- Promoting Bosnian Community, tradition, history, and culture to the general public.
- Collecting, preserving, and making public historical and educational material including antiques, histories, genealogies, directories, newspapers, manuscripts, pamphlets, diaries, letters, account books, charts, maps, documents, and whatever may relate to the life, conditions, and activities of the past and present of the Bosnian Community in St. Louis, MO.
- Encouraging the writing and presentation of family history, biography and community history.
- Presenting and coordinating series of seminars, workshops, exhibits, and speaker series about Bosnia, and Bosnian community in St. Louis to the general public.
- Relief work benefiting Bosnian and other communities in St. Louis and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Establishing of student exchange, weekend school, and scholarship programs.
- Educational programs on genocide, ethnic cleansing and mass removal.
- Advocate legislative power on local, state and federal level as allowed by IRS 501(c)(3) and 501(h) codes.
- Utilizing any other means allowed by non-for profit laws of the State of Missouri toward promoting of Bosnian community and its culture, and history to the general public.
- Prevention of community deterioration.